doesnt matter

Friday, October 7, 2011

Baseball

Well, we've unfortunately come down to the wire, if the Brewers manage to suck today like they did in Arizona then their season will be over. I'm really shocked that they did so poorly in both of those games, at least from a pitching standpoint. I was really hoping not to be going to a game today, but alas, here we are. I just have a feeling that it's over, I don't want to jinx it by saying that, but I think it's true regardless. We have a history of buckling under pressure, I know Ryan Braun said he lives for those pressure moments in games, but most of the rest of the team seem to have trouble when it really counts. They expand the strike zone too much and try too hard to hit those big home runs. They get too tense and make bad swings at bad pitches (or god ones, depending on whose side you're on). I've noticed this trend especially from Rickie Weeks. This entire postseason he's been doing this, and it's only worked out once. It's a shame since he's normally a pretty decent hitter, but whenever he's in those pressure situations he almost always seems to fail. I really hope I'm wrong about them losing today's game, I really do, but somehow I think this is the end of Brewers baseball this year. Also if Prince does not sign with Milwaukee, which looks more and more likely, it will be the end of an era.

No comments:

Post a Comment